During my many years of teaching, I have been blessed to have had a variety of teachers who were not only my friends but my family as well. As teachers, we are often spend a lot of time with our co-workers, especially are grade-level co-workers. We get together to plan lessons and create assessments. We’re together during recess duty and faculty meetings. When you find a teacher friend that you can connect with, it makes the teaching journey a bit easier.
Disclosure: This page may contain some affiliate links. When you purchase items after clicking on links or images, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please read my full disclosure for more information.
If you are a new teacher or if you are heading to a new school, I suggest that you find at least one teacher friend. Having a teacher friend goes beyond just finding someone you work with. A teacher friend is someone that you have a genuine relationship with. Teacher friends help to make you better. Your teacher friends should help you become a better teacher as you help them become a better teacher.
I wrote about teacher friends previously, but I decided to make a quick video about it too. Here are a few reasons why you need teacher friends. Please don’t forget to subscribe to the Tame the Classroom YouTube channel.
Who are your teacher friends? How do they make you a better teacher? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- CALLING ALL FIRST AND SECOND GRADE TEACHERS! Join me and a great group of other fabulous 1st and 2nd grade teachers in my Facebook group, Taming First & Second Grade. We have great discussions and you can gain some much needed inspiration.
- I’ll also be posting this blog topic on my Instagram and Facebook page.
- If you love the content on this blog and want more exclusive content sent directly to your inbox, join the Tame the Classroom mailing list.
- Shop the Tame the Classroom Amazon store.
- And don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the Tame the Classroom YouTube channel!
Leave a Reply